I feel ridiculous even saying this but... I'm in LOVE with pineapples! I don't know where this obsession stems from but everwhere we go I want to look for pineapples! We went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation while on our vacation and I absolutely loved the pineapple icecream and the baby pineapples! Jace laughed that I took so many pictures of the little pineapples but they were so Cute! Silly me...
We also went to the North Shore where we stopped at Ted's Bakery for the most Delicious pie! Thanks to Whitney and Bryan for the directions on getting there! It was fantastic! The chocolate haupia was so yummy, this is a chocolate coconut pie with homemade crust that was to die for! We also stopped at Matsumotos for Shave Ice which was also amazing! (the food on this vacation made me never want to leave!) After all of our snacks we stopped at some of the beaches on the North Shore. Including Sunset Beach (where Bryan and Whitney got engaged! tender!)
And of course we stopped at the temple! It was beautiful!
4 comments:
AaaaaaaahOKAY!
The baby pineapples are the cutest things! I think it's awesome that you love them!
Dole pineapple ice cream is yum. We did the cheesy train ride at Dole and it was... well, cheesy. Did you guys do that? You didn't miss anything but a lot of pineapple fields and bad music if you didn't!
I am so, so glad you got to go to Ted's. We wouldn't have found it if my grandma hadn't been living there! I'm glad you guys liked the pie. If you hated it, I would have felt bad wasting your trip!
YAY for Matsumoto's shave ice. I agree, the food in Hawaii made me want to stay there all by itself. What flavors of shave ice did you get? Did you get the ice cream in the bottom? Amazing...
I totally approve of the PDA on Sunset Beach. It's a good place for it! ;)
And the Hawaii temple... so, so pretty. The gardens? I'd love a garden like that! If we could afford it, we'd get sealed there! Hehe!
I am loving your Hawaii entries and I look forward to MORE!!!
I just wrote you the most amazing comment, clicked publish, and whoosh it went off into cyber-neverland. Sorry, you'll have to settle for this comment instead.
Thanks for sharing your Hawaii adventure. It looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you got to all the places that Dig and Whit recommended.
I'm fascinated by the temple pic, with the dark dramatic sky and the peaceful reflecting pool. Way cool!
I introduced Grandma Genny to the blogs a few days ago. In fact, we caught your first Hawaii post as you were posting it. I bookmarked my blog on her computer, and it has links to the others. Who knows? Maybe next time I can get her to post a comment.
I really enjoy being able to stay in touch with all of you through these blogs, especially since it may be quite a while before I see you.
I'm anxiously awaiting the next post!
Sounds like a party in HI. That place is awesome. Hope things are fabulous for you guys.
Oh sure you are sorry about the PDA. Don't lie Laura, you want us all to see it! ;) Your trip looks like it was a blast!
Post a Comment