Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A good reason not to have kids...

Because we can do whatever we want! We decided to go to St. George last Friday so we booked ourselves a hotel and left Saturday afternoon! I love being able to take little trips without having to think about little kids! We went to Zions National Park on Sunday and had a great time hiking around. We made this trip earlier in the year and Jace convinced me to hike Angels Landing. I was in horrible shape and had the worst shoes on (fitflops!). We made it to Scouts Lookout and through the first bit with chains before I said I wouldn't go any further. (I didn't realize I was afraid of heights until that point!) This time I was determined to go to the top. We hiked the Emerald Pools trail first, which was beautiful. It had rained earlier in the day so the temperature was perfect and the leaves were changing. After Emerald Pools we tackled Angels Landing. It was much easier this time around... I had on good shoes (yeah for new balance!) and was in much better shape. The last 1/2 mile to the top was still pretty scary but I did it! The view from the top was pretty incredible and I asked Jace to take some pictures since I was still a little nervous. He thought he took a bunch but turns out he only took 2... oops. Luckily one was of me at the top so I can prove I was there!

Jace at the Middle Emerald Pool

The warning at the bottom of Angels Landing
About half way up... you can see the river where the previous picture was taken if you look real close!
The tallest point is where we were headed!
A view from the top
I made it! And there was no crying this time!

2 comments:

Lost in this Moment said...

Amen on not having to worry about little kids for little weekend getaways. We are so not ready for kids yet either, so I'm glad you're sharing that sentiment. Your mom would be so mad at me! Haha. She was asking when Bry and I would be having kids before we even got married! Aaah! I say that if you're enjoying and especially appreciating this time with just you and Jace, then more power to you. Love you guys! It looks like you had a blast, and I'm glad you did. Hope we see you soon!!!

Madsen Family said...

Hey sweetie! Love the blog! And I didn't even know you went to Hawaii!! I am so jealous! We want to go so bad but are holding off to go with my family...that way we don't have to pay :) That's so awesome you could do it on your own! Miss you!