Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goodbye Christmas....

For me Christmas always comes and goes to quickly. I am the one who wants to start listening to Christmas music in October and am excited when the stores start carrying seasonal decorations. It is funny because I have worked in retail for over 10 years now, and you would think I would dread this time of year. But I love everything about Christmas. The crowds, gifts, decorations, Christmas cookies and of course spending time with family. When the holiday passes I hate taking down the tree, so mine will stay up until Valentines Day.

2 comments:

Lost in this Moment said...

I love that you are leaving your tree up for Valentine's Day. I knew someone growing up whose mom loved Christmas so much that she kept their fake tree up year-round and decorated it with seasonal decorations. It even got flags and sparkly fireworks poufs on the 4th of July! I'm glad that even with all your retail work that you still like Christmas. I did my Christmas shopping on my own for the first time a few years ago, and I haven't liked Christmastime since! I like the actual Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with presents and food and family, but I am such a scrooge with everything else! I could learn a thing or two from you, like not immediately changing the station when a Christmas song comes on! Whoops!

Heather said...

Valentine's Day? That is soooo long Laura! Mine came down before the new year. After X-mas it becomes clutter to me and then I feel clausterphobic! (I know I am crazy). Hope you guys are well. We should go to dinner again, last time was so fun.